Open Thinking Partnership is a collaborative Multi Academy Trust which was established in August 2020. The Trust is committed to ensuring children and young people with a diverse range of needs can access the best possible provision within Leicestershire and the wider area. The Trust works in close partnership with other Trusts and individual schools.
Open to ensuring our schools recognise and meet the needs of a diverse range of individuals.
Thinking so that our approaches are based on strong evaluation which values, nurtures and challenges all our young people—no single approach but one which best meets their needs.
Partnership ensuring our schools work together with families, each other, other agencies, and the local community.
We are a collaborative Trust with high aspirations for our students.
Within the Trust we have a shared vision that with strong leadership, well defined structures and processes alongside clear communication we can provide education which is flexible to meet individual needs.
- We are dedicated to ensuring positive educational experiences for children and young people.
- We are flexible enabling children & young people to succeed.
- We do not insist children & young people fit into a particular model.
- We constantly aim for high quality school improvement based on a flexible and collaborative approach.
OTP will constantly reflect on the effectiveness of provisions by asking four key questions:
- What do we do?
- What difference does it make to our children and young people?
- How do we know?
- What or how could we do it better?
Reflection of our work:
- To ensure all children & young people achieve as much as they can academically and socially
- To ensure all children & young people have a breadth of experience so they have greater choice in the future
- To ensure the work we do helps children & young people on their way and does not limit them.
OTP was established to:
- ensure local provision is of high quality
- offer diverse provision so that we can accommodate different needs
- enable flexible provision so when a pupil’s needs change in the short term or long term they can be provided for
- challenge to ensure best practice
- challenge to ensure pupils gain the best possible choices for their future lives