There is a school uniform which we like our pupils to wear and we ask for parents’ co-operation in this, although the uniform is not compulsory. You can buy official school uniform at:
Many of our Students at the HAJC base wear the same uniform as the host school which can be purchased from ‘Hole in the Wall’.
Students can also wear the DGS black uniform if they prefer
- Sweatshirt: Black
- Polo shirt: Black or White
The above tops should be worn with grey or black skirts or trousers.
P.E and swimming
We ask for a P.E kit to be provided as follows
- Black shorts, white or blue T-shirt and pumps.
- Suitable flexible clothing for example tracksuit or jogging clothes.
- Tracksuits and team kits are available from school for inter-school sports fixtures.
- One-piece swimsuits and, if necessary, the young women should wear a T-shirt as well to preserve dignity.
Practical courses or more messy work experience
- More flexible, casual and washable clothing may be worn that is appropriate to the activity for example jogging trousers and T-shirts for construction and decorating courses.
- Students must wear clothing that is required for the role when at work experience.
- We provide steel toe capped boots for practical work experience.
- Reasonable adjustments will be made for those students who have particular disabilities so that their clothing enables them to be comfortable and as independent as possible.