As part of our Healthy Schools status, we encourage students to make healthy choices at snack time and lunch time.
All school dinners have achieved the Silver Food award. We would like your support to encourage students who bring packed lunches to also do the same. Below are some suggestions for healthy packed lunches.
Packed lunches may include:
- At least one portion of fruit and or vegetable (this could include a dried fruit)
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (e.g. lentils, chick peas, hummus)
- A sandwich that includes a savoury filling (e.g. egg, tuna, cheese, cooked meat)
- A starchy food such as bread, pasta, rice, noodles
- Dairy food such as cheese, yogurt, fromage frais
- A smoothie or yogurt drink
- A bottle of water
- A biscuit not coated in chocolate
- Crisps (baked or other low fat options if possible) or other such snack such as savoury crackers, breadsticks etc.
- Eating utensils if necessary
Packed lunches should avoid:
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate coated biscuits and sweets.
- Sausage rolls and pies should only be included occasionally.
- No fizzy drinks.
- Nuts (we are a nut-free school)
School provides a mid-morning snack for all students (this is part of the contributions that parents/carers make each term). The snacks are either fruit or yoghurt. We would also like to encourage those students who bring in a mid- morning snack to choose the same.
Thank you for your support in this.
Please use the links below to view and download the latest lunchtime menus.